Thursday, August 18, 2005

Gray

Is there an expiration date on the possibility of a first kiss?

I'm sure you've already guessed I went out with G last night. We had a blast looking at show homes and grabbing dinner after. We spent nearly 20 minutes chatting at my car before I left. Still no kiss.

Am I misreading this situation? I flirt with him in every way I know how. One day last week he actually grabbed me and wrestled me to the ground at the office. Crazy, huh? That isn't something you do to everyone, so shouldn't that mean that there is something else going on between us?

I am so tired of this ambiguity. I had told myself that I would force the issue last night. Maybe I'm too out of practice, but I couldn't bring it around. I know I didn't do everything I could--when it comes down to it I'm an old-fashioned girl and I want him to make the move. But as long I wait for him to make the move, I'll be waiting in the gray area.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got nothing, either. Including any sort of explanation. Do you think he's just really, really nervous?

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well bad girl, I don't know what to tell you so I will share some of my (obviously fairly flawed) methods of deciphering boy.
Does he pay attention to what you tell him? (i.e. does he remember random things you've told him or does he ask you the same questions over and over)
Does he make an effort to see and/or talk to you? (calling out of the blue, random cute calls or e-mails, any sort of sign that he goes out of his way for you)
If the answer is yes to the above I usually start trying to decipher if it is friendly attention or more romantic:
Does he compliment you on how you look? (Or smell, I always like to be told I smell nice)
Does he hold eye contact?
Does he make sure to mention hanging out again or make future plans when he is with you?
And most importantly:
Body language (I know it's cliche...)
How close does he stand/sit to you? Is his position so he is leaning toward you?
Finally how much does he touch you? (Now this one can be difficult considering comfort levels but touch is important) So consider length of hugs and casual brushes?
Hope this helped, and remember to ask yourself how you behave around him and make sure you aren't sending out mixed signals.
Lots of love,
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.