Thursday, April 17, 2008

Return of the Mommi

"Close your eyes," my mom said to my brother as she came downstairs in her pajamas, carrying a load of laundry she was going to put in.

"I could just look away," he replied.

"Actually," I said as I looked up more than six inches to meet his eyes, "you could just not look down." We all laughed. My mom tried to seem indignant even though there is no disputing my brother's height advantage.

"Yeah Mom, if I don't look down, it is more like a blonde blob bobbing in front of me. Kind of like a blonde ewok." I laughed, encouraging him. He continued, "We'll get you a vest, a spear and a hood and we can call you 'Mum Mum'."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

I can picture this conversation happening, and it makes me laugh out loud. I love you guys!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

A blonde ewok? Hmmm... I think I'd better not pursue that one. Those little suckers were intense, as I recall... cuddly, but intense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.