Thursday, November 18, 2004

My sister

My sister and I are polar opposites.

She wears silver; I wear gold. I'm an engineer and she hates math. When we were little, she was the social one while I was shy. Her taste in clothing is young and a little trendy but I've been told I dress like a 40-year-old.

My sister and I are exactly the same.

We are both afraid of failing--sometimes so afraid that we fail because we're afraid to try. My sister and I are both incredibly close to our family and loyal to the friends we've had for years. We're both waiting. She and I are never known for keeping our living spaces neat, but the state of those spaces is both indicative of and a contributor to our states of mind. We're both afraid of commitment, so much so that we've both lost people we cared about because we were afraid to commit to them.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

What a remarkably insightful post. Congratulations on your ability to see into yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.