Monday, March 24, 2008

Open letter

They played that Madonna song yesterday afternoon--you all know which one. I turned the volume in my car up to insanely loud and it instantly transported me back to all those late nights in hotel bars, the way all the women in the chapter would run onto the floor when the DJ played it. Dates and friends practically shoved out of the way, everyone singing along at the top of their voices--just like I was in my own car. In a way, that song should've been further proof that as an adviser, I was an outsider. But I always loved hearing it--audible proof of the sisterhood that I spend hours every week fostering and encouraging. One tradition that never changed during those 5 years, that I never had reservations about.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. That song will always take me there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.