Saturday, June 28, 2008

Put down

My mom just called me. She and my dad are coming back from his secretary's wedding and she wanted to let me know the details for the family reunion tomorrow. Of course that isn't the only subject she brought up.

"It was a beautiful wedding," she says. "I have so much stuff to show you from the wedding."

"Really?" I ask passively.

"Beautiful but costly. Luckily the bride and groom are well-to-do so they can afford the money they poured into it."

And there it is... just a few sentences and I feel inferior to a girl I don't even like. Oh, I just can't wait for the hour-long drive to the reunion tomorrow.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

Parents: Refining the art of subtle harrassment since long before you came along, Missy...

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment :)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger SavingDiva said...

I get a lot of the...I went to this beautiful wedding...and the bride was so much _________ than you. Fill it in with thinner, younger, prettier, etc....

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Laura said...

These type of comments suck. And seem to become much more prevalent while planning a wedding. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.