Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The ultimate Russian theme party

I love theme parties so I had to share an excerpt from Smitten.
For Laura:

Alex was forced into a fire engine red hammer and sickle t-shirt and an authentic Russian fur-edged leather hat, despite the broiling heat; he was yelled at every time he tried to remove it. They headed to the Russian bath houses on East 9th Street for public scrub downs, then to the KGB bar, only to find it was closed. Never to be kept from their mid-day schnapps, they went to Odessa [sense a theme here? Hey, did I ever mention Alex is Russian?], then a Russian restaurant on Second Avenue, before going up to the Russian Vodka Room – where Alex was to do a shot with each reveler and write down a quote from them – and coincidentally the last part he remembers with any clarity.

10 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and the themes again, so so ridiculously cheesy and did I mention, cheesy and ridiculous?

ET

PS I'm so relieved I missed that 'themed Halloween' your sophomore year, lest I end up forever immortalized in pictures dressed up like the Tin Man or Gargamel or Dopey of the Seven Dwarves.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or John Denver.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Sophomore year was Disney characters so it would've been some prince, or maybe Maleficent. :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's that?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Angie said...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053285/

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never was that much into dressing up like an evil sorceress. I mean, I'm sure we could've found someone else to dress like Katherine Harris or Ann Coulter.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Angie said...

We don't want to scare the little children out trick-or-treating! Evil sorceresses are one thing--conservative pundits and vote tamperers are another!

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't they the same thing????
I mean, a poisoned apple, a tampered ballot. Same result, right?

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Poisoned apple; Adam's apples--plus the makeup is about the same for all three. I'll see about sending the costume up for Halloween this year. :)

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Very cool! I've just been slow on the commenting lately...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.