Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving snapshot

On Wednesday night my dad and his mother were working together to get a mincemeat pie in the oven for Thanksgiving. He had already carefully placed the top crust on it when he realized they had forgotten to put a little butter between the filling and crust.

"No problem," he said, cutting a large semicircle in the top crust. With his mom carefully pulling up the flap of crust, they inserted pats of butter under the edges of the dough.

"I feel like I'm watching a pie autopsy," my brother observed. "It's like 'CS: Pie.'"

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Hee hee hee! Reminds me of yet another great one liner, found here:
www.newlinfamily.com

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

AK - where? Can't find that URL...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.