Friday, March 14, 2008

Career change

I was standing at the copier, alongside our marketing director, when another engineer walked up to me and asked, "How's the modeling going?"

I started to reply when our marketing director began to laugh heartily. I broke off my reply and we both turned to stare at her. She put her hand on my shoulder and through her giggles, explained, "For a minute I thought he was talking about your new career."

"Of course," I laughed. "I'm on my way to being a supermodel."

The other engineer laughed and then tried to get back on track, "How's the sewer modelling?" He started to laugh. "That's even worse," he said as he demonstrated the Vanna White moves necessary to model with sewer pipes. We discussed business for a moment and as I was leaving, I began to laugh again. "Too bad I'm not a transportation engineer."

"Why?"

"Because then I'd be doing runway modeling!"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Angie said...

After this morning's staff meeting, one of our electrical engineers came up to me and said that also got the image of me as a model when we talked about the modeling I'm doing this week. Seems to be an epidemic. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.