Sunday, January 09, 2005

In Memoriam

On Friday night I visited my best friend and her parents to share my condolences on the death of her grandfather. As I drove away from their house, I heard these lines:
I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart and your mind
I'll stay with you for all of time

I know his legacy will live on; it will live on through my memories of him--picking us up to "sell newspaper ads", praising my piano compositions, and calling with best wishes for me on our shared birthday. It will also live on through the love and generosity of his family, continuing even while they grieve his death.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger TurtleHerder said...

Thank you for the nice tribute Lady Angela. It was so nice to see you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.