Monday, February 07, 2005

Sheep in wolf's clothing

J and I joined a couple friends at the bar on Friday night. S had spent her first night with her new boyfriend--a date from eHarmony--the night before. Considering that was all she could think about, it wasn't surprising that the conversation focused almost exclusively on $ex. Despite the fact that most of my knowledge in this area is based on "book learning" versus "practical experience", as one might say, I participated pretty fully in the conversation. I didn't feel like explaining my somewhat unique perspective--after all, my opinion is my opinion regardless of whatever experience, or lack thereof, it is based on.

Midway through our evening, we decided to head downtown. Riding with S in J's car, I was continuing our conversation with S when J shot me a nasty look. I'm not sure why all of a sudden it bothered her that I was contributing without any personal experience in that arena, but apparently it did. Receiving that withering glance from her made me suddenly worried she was going to "expose" me and made me wonder if somehow I being a hypocrite by not disclosing that most of my information was theoretical--a sheep in wolf's clothing, so to speak.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha I know how you feel on this one pretty well... I don't see anything wrong with sharing your opinion... but once again I am slightly biased.
Love ya,
Kim

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Having a further discussion with this same group at the bar on Valentine's Day, J "outed" me, so to speak. I don't know why it was such a big deal to her, but now it doesn't have to be anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.