Monday, June 06, 2005

Mission: Still Impossible

I left on my mission feeling cheerful and determined. After my last adventure, I thought I knew what size I was looking for and finding a strapless bra in that size to complete my latest bridesmaid outfit would easily be completed in the one hour left before the mall closed--and my feeling got even better when I saw the buy 2, get 2 free signs hanging in the shop window.

Driving away from the mall with only one bra in the bag sitting next me, feeling the sensitive skin around my ribs and on the tops of my shoulders ache from trying on so many bras, I had again found none I wanted to take home with me.

This trip caused me to once more lose faith in the American undergarment service industry. While the women serving me have been attentive and diligent, excepting my trip inside the pink store, tonight found me trying on two sizes that I didn't try on my last visit--bringing the total sizes I've tried in the past month to nearly 10. How is it that something based on concrete values can vary so widely? Isn't there a way to avoid this unhappy shopping outcome?

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I will no longer enter the pink store. They only have one line of bras that cater to women with my bust size, and that line is padded.

Though I did end up buying a wonderbra for the bridesmaid's dress, so I may be a bit hypocritical.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Angie said...

One of the bras I tried on in my "buy 2, get 2 free" frenzy was a "plunge" bra with removable air pillows in the cups. Let's just say that Pam Anderson didn't have anything on me with those air reserves in.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly you weren't meant to wear a bra. I'm sure the guys won't mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.