Sunday, May 22, 2005

Survey says...

When my aunt went to college in the 70s, she conducted a survey: were men with mustaches better kissers than those without?

While I was in college at the beginning of this new millennium, I decided I wanted to conduct a survey of my own. The factor I wanted to test--tongue rings. At the time, I didn't know anyone with that particular piercing.

I met a few potential test subjects--a singer in a visiting vocal group and a friendly computer geek with a penchant for passing out on my bed--but my theory remained untested until T and I began another flirtation. At the time, he didn't have a tongue ring, but shortly after I shared my curiosity with him, I dropped into a friend's place to see him and discovered he had changed his piercing status. While this postponed our first kiss of that cycle, it did introduce a new element and allowed me to indulge my curiosity. I think I'll keep my conclusions to myself. /wink/

Recently I dreamt that I was getting my tongue pierced. I liked the look and feel of it actually. Driving by a piercing salon on my way home from work the next afternoon, I remembered the dream and actually felt the pain. Ouch. It reminded me that piercings might look fun, but aren't for me. It also reminded me of a time when curiosity made this cat pretty happy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Geoff said...

Avoid at all costs. I had one for five years and broke two perfectly good molars on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.