Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The next Olympian


Start of my journey
Originally uploaded by angineer.
Recently I told a coworker that if sleeping was an Olympic sport, I would be a member of the US team. So when my mom encouraged me to sleep on my 6am flight, I looked at her like she had just suggested that I wear pants that day--well, duh.

Soon after watching the sunrise over the Colorado plains during takeoff, I finished the only book I'd brought with me and decided it was time to sleep. At home, after a couple minutes on my left and a turn onto my right side, I'm asleep before I finish my pleasant daydreams. But not today. I tried everything I could to sleep, but I wasn't having any luck. What would I do if I couldn't...

ZZZZZZZZZ

I needn't have worried. My medal is secure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.