Thursday, April 06, 2006

Non deja vu

Working in one of my company's other offices this morning, I am working quietly when another young woman enters my cube.  "Hi Angie," she says, smiling.
 
My mind races.  Is this the Angie from the cube next to me that I haven't met yet trying to be ironic?  I ducked my head to take off my headphones, hoping to hide the confusion I was feeling that was clear on my face.
 
"I thought that was you," she continues.  "Did you drive up this morning?"
 
As I answered her question, my mind raced.  It was clear she knew me and I didn't recognize her at all. 
 
Why isn't there a Google search for that?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

I hate when that happens! Why weren't we given photographic mental rolodexes?

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I was thinking it was too bad Google Maps doesn't cover NotMyOffice. I know where she sits and then I would know who she was. :)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

One episode of Mad About You had the wife asking the husband what he did when he didn't know someone who clearly knew him. He replied 'Thats why the word 'Sport' is in the language'. Later, they show him at a party, being greeted by someone, and replying 'Hiya..........SPORT!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.