Friday, January 26, 2007

Loss of confidence

I had a job interview this afternoon. I spent two hours beforehand laying facedown on my bed, paralyzed to move. This is going to sound crazy, but I wasn't nervous about the interview. I was terrified that they would offer me the job.

I'm afraid that a company will offer me a job because I am afraid that I'm not a good employee. While I'm not the most technically skilled "angineer" out there, I feel like I can hold my own professionally at a certain level. Unfortunately I give the appearance to my coworkers that I don't care because I'm not responsible enough to be on time in the morning. Also, I devote too much time and energy during the work day to the other causes that I love--particularly when I'm feeling insecure about about my professional skills.

The good news is that the interview went well today. The other good news is that they won't make a decision until early next week. Maybe if I sit on my bed long enough, my confidence will return.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger African Kelli said...

I hope they do offer you the job. You've got what it takes. You just need to believe in yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.