Saturday, January 27, 2007

On the couch

The room was only lit by the flickering images on the TV. I settled myself in the middle of the black leather couch and watched F sit down in the chair adjacent to me.

Our friendship has grown much stronger over the past few months but in the darkness when we watch movies together I have always felt a little nervous that we could have a miscommunication and our careful friendship could be dashed. But this time the feeling was more like the nervousness I used to feel when my first boyfriend would start a movie for us in his parents' basement.

Mentally I calculated the distance from F's chair to my position and I pictured him reaching out to touch me where I sat. I could even imagine us kissing on that black leather couch. But then I shook my head and I was back on the couch by myself.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.