Friday, October 29, 2004

Open letter

You called me last night out of the blue. Ok, not exactly out of the blue since I still owed you a call from the message you left me just before sorority recruitment. But it was still a surprise to hear your voice in that message. Will I ever become reaccustomed to hearing your voice on the other end of the line?

Our conversation was nice. I felt a little stab when you mentioned that you were going to visit your girlfriend this weekend--and it felt deliberate, like you wanted me to know you were with someone. But it was nice to share our political views and it is nice to think that we could be friends.

Then I heard your voice for a moment this morning when I was talking with one of my coworkers.

And I saw you when I glanced down a hallway in my office.

Obviously neither was you--you're already on your way to Muncie by now.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

If a sympathetic comment from someone you don't know can help, please know that you do have my sympathy. I hope that you come through this all right.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Bill-
Thanks for being a loyal reader (and commenter) as well as your kind words. I guess I need to start posting the good that happens to me as well because things aren't really as dire as my blog readers think they are. I got a call last week asking if I was okay, and I'm fine--just working through the rough parts in public for the first time.
-Angie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.