Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Lucky

Arriving late to work this morning, I found a parking spot right across from the front door. But I hesitated as I got out of my car--do I go in the front door so I have to walk past my boss's office or do I go the long way and walk in the back door? I decided to walk in the front door because I would feel stupid walking further just to avoid my boss. But silently I was thinking, "Please don't be in your office, please don't be in your office..." Approaching his doorway, it was dark and the blinds were closed. His away message--in at 9.

What a lucky morning!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Angie said...

After writing the post I have "Lucky" by Britney Spears stuck in my head. And I don't even hear it the way she released it--I hear it the way we sang it in a sorority recruitment (rush) skit:
"Isn't she lucky/this sorority girl?"

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Our official starting time is 8. The boss never gets in until 8:30. I can't tell you how many times I've been grateful for that fact.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Dude, whatever. You both stink. The kids are here every day at 7:51, whether we are or not. We're supposed to be here at 7:30 and I get here at 7 to prepare. :-P

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Can someone explain to me why schools start at 7:51 and have 4-minute passing periods? At Place, we used to get out at 2:37. 2:37 doesn't really exist--2:35 exists and so does 2:40, but I would argue that the minutes inbetween are too inexact to bother with.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 am everyday. I don't really want to hear whining.

M

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Suzy said...

No clue why school schedules are so weird. School actually starts at 8 am but they let the kids in early so that they can go to their lockers etc. We end at 2:45 but a lot of the times are weird...they arrange schedules so that classes have equal minutes, and that generally requires weird ending times like 11:13. I know why they keep passing periods short, though. The longer you have kids in such chaos, the more likely they are to get into trouble. So they give them just enough time to get to class and not enough time to mess around much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.