Monday, December 13, 2004

Always a bridesmaid

I saw the cutest special on TLC last night called "Always A Bridesmaid". It followed a few women who were bridesmaids in weddings in September and October of this year, interspersed with statements from women wearing bridesmaid dresses discussing their experiences as bridesmaids.

A few points I particularly enjoyed:
1. Anecdote:

I picked up my dress that morning and when I went to put it on, it wouldn't fasten, so we held it together with safety pins. That night after I gave the toast, I raised my glass and heard, "Pop, pop, pop," all the way down the back of the dress and the front of my dress fell all the way open.

Oops. Note to self: this is why when getting alterations done on the dress sooner is better than later.

2. Rule: single bridesmaids get dibs on single groomsmen and male guests. Score!


Thank you to the past and future brides I am "maiding" for--thank you for asking me to share this special day with you, for allowing me to help you in any way I can, and for not asking me to wear hideous blue taffeta creations or anything with a large bow on the back!

These are friendships that will last.

4 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

What, you wanted a huge bow on your butt? We can arrange that! :-)

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't think parakeet yellow dresses with enormous bows are becoming?

Matt

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I've never seen one of your wedding pictures, Matt. Should I be relieved that I wasn't part of the wedding party? :)

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop that. My marriage was very good to the bridesmaids. Not so much fun for the groomsmen as they had to fend off people trying to throw me in the trunk of a Chevelle and drive me to Tiajuana. Ask C about it. She has the album...erm, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.