Saturday, March 19, 2005

Not a good sign

I walk up to the checkout counter at my friendly nearby Staples and the checker asks if I found everything I needed.

"Yes," I reply with a smile.

"You were in here earlier today, weren't you?" she asks.

"Yes, I needed a modem with the drivers on CD and you don't carry any--the salesman was really helpful--so I went back to my office, found out which modem you sell has drivers available online, downloaded them, and now I came back to buy the modem."

"Great," she says. "Do you want the product replacement warranty on the modem or the phone?"

"No, the modem is a gift and my current portable phone has lasted for eight years and ten moves, so I should be good."

"What kind of phone is that? XXXX? Oh." She leans toward me and begins to speak at a lower volume. "The voicemail will be the first part of this to go. When you call customer service, tell them that you only bought it 14 days ago and that the store you bought it from won't accept it as a return. If you have to, you can threaten to call the Better Business Bureau."

/GULP./

1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

Obviously a part of their customer satisfaction policy that the corporate guys don't know about....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.