Thursday, March 10, 2005

Anger

I rarely get mad. People tell me that I just let things roll off my back. Generally, I guess that is true. My energy is spent analyzing and evaluating every move I make or even think of making. Maybe I just can't expend the additional energy to analyze what other people are saying to me--at least not in that moment. I certainly can't expend the energy to rage and scream.

I can't think of a time when I have raged. The ways I express my anger typically range from tears to sarcasm to holding myself rigid and shaking while I try to defend myself. But I've been exposed to quite a bit of turmoil and anger recently. The chapter I advise is going through a rough time and some of the women I work most closely with are experiencing the brunt of the negativity (hence my previous post).

Not being familiar with rage or people who rage, I am struggling a bit to figure out how to deal with this. Since I don't rage, I have to believe that there are more effective ways of expressing your feelings. How do you ask someone who needs to let out those feelings to stifle them in favor of communicating another way? Is there a better way to support someone who rages? I've been trying by sending little notes and suggesting that we get together. I understand that it is difficult to be villified for things your position required you to do, but please don't rage. It scares me and I think we can handle it better. Just let me help you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look who has a xanga!
http://www.xanga.com/suprmods

Sorry things with the sorority are annoying. What are you up to this weekend and next week? (Spring break)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.