Friday, July 08, 2005

Tonight

I first discovered I could flirt when I was working at a movie theater as a senior in high school. My future boyfriend D told me that he "had my number" and I turned to look at him and said, "No, but you could have it."

Lately I've been putting this long neglected skill to use with two guys in my office.

First there was a surveyor who is at least seven years older than I am. He's a bit of a flirt and while I began to enjoy the extra attention, I quickly knew that I didn't want it to go beyond that.

Since then, we've hired a new engineer straight from college. At first I mistook his earnestness for arrogance. But through my efforts to reach out to our other young engineers, information dissemination became friendly conversation. I see things in him that may not appear in my ideal boyfriend template, but I look forward to his visits, I enjoy giving him a hard time and he makes me laugh.

Oh, and we have a (maybe) date tonight. Cross your fingers for me--I'm a little out of practice!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.