Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Kiss mine

Me: Looks like I inherited some instant grits.
Roommate: What?
Me: Our roommate left them when he moved out.
Roommate: Oh, okay. Speaking of instant grits…

I laugh. My roommate looks at me questioningly.

Me: I just can’t wait to see what follows the phrase “Speaking of instant grits.”
Roommate: I went on a field study in Virginia, you know, for geology. Anyway, it was mostly people from rural Virginia on this field study. Sometimes when they wanted to insult each other, they would say, “Yo' momma makes instant grits.”

And that's what follows "Speaking of instant grits."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*rofl*

That's too funny. My husband is a geologist, and went to a field camp his senior year. This story has the definite ring of truth to it...

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Suzy said...

I have a great recipe involving instant grits, if you're interested. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.