Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Results

Eight years ago all my roommates went to bed while I stayed awake on the couch, glued to the election results. I made one of those silly bargains with myself--that my candidate would win if I just waited up long enough. After the networks finally decided Florida was too close to call and it became clear neither candidate was going to publicly concede, I fell asleep to the chatter of tv journalists rehashing the lack of a decisive victory in an endless loop.

I woke up in the wee hours of the morning, finding that the result was still unclear after my nap, and stumbled to bed, but, because of that, I feel like I never fulfilled that bargain I made with myself. So tonight, after getting my free ice cream, I'll curl up on the couch with F and watch the numbers come in.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

Heck, if I knew it was YOU making it happen, I'd have bought the ice-cream for you! With sprinkles, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.