Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love Letter to Yourself

I found this fascinating quote today:



The other thing I’m going to do is write me a letter. A love letter. Seriously. You know the old saying that you need to love yourself before others will love you (or something like that). Here I am, coming off a long, long relationship where I thought I loved another person - and I thought he loved me. To be honest, losing that love has shaken my whole concept of love; what it really is, how you get it and how you give it.Debbie Harris, Coffee For One, Feb 2009



Her questions about love really resonated with me. I feel very comfortable with unconditional familial love but, when it comes to romantic love, I find myself less confident to express what it is and how to give it.


Debbie goes on to ask what you would write in a love letter to yourself? I find it a very thought provoking exercise. Visit her blog to comment, or leave your ideas here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Debbie Harris said...

Thanks so much for the shoutout - would love to hear ideas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.