Tuesday, October 19, 2004

More electoral college alternatives

"Even without any changes, the system does offer some flexibility. In New York State, for example, there is a Liberal Party and a Conservative Party, and both are on the ballot at every election. The Liberal Party usually nominates the same person as the Democrats and the Conservative Party usually nominates the same person as the Republicans. As long as each party gets enough votes, it retains its status as a recognized party and gets on the ballot automatically at the next election. It has been suggested that if Ralph Nader were to choose the Kerry electors as his electors in each state he gets on the ballot, then people could express their support for him, and provide impetus to his movement, but a vote for Nader would (literally) be a vote for Kerry. This would no doubt encourage many people to vote for him knowing that such a vote would not help George Bush."

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie-
How did you add the electoral vote count link to your page?
See ya tonight!
Kim

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Angie said...

http://www.electoral-vote.com/info/enhancements.html

The HTML is there to add to your site. :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I like your electoral vote counter, though the numbers are a bit different than others I've seen. I've probably mentioned Slate's election scorecard, but if I haven't I think you'd enjoy it. They updated it for the swing state elections today showing most of the major polls as well as all sorts of other fun crunchy numbers. What can I say, it appeals to my inner policy wonk.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger TurtleHerder said...

Ooo... I like the MSN map Laura! The counter is also very cool.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I love my electoral vote counter, but since I added it, Kerry's numbers keep dropping. This is worrisome. I may be forced to remove it in order to stop the falling electoral votes.

On the plus side, the same site has a predicted election map and Kerry is still winning there.

Stay tuned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.