Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Bad dreams - part 2

I like to daydream as I go to sleep--ironic since it is definitely night, but you know what I mean. I've always liked to inhabit a fantasy as I drift off--sometimes it is thoughts about what I might do the next day, how to handle a situation I'm dealing with, or what I might do if I won Powerball. Let's be honest here--generally it is about a man. Sometimes it is about an imaginary dream man and sometimes it is about a real man. The real man varies but typically he is a man that I've had feelings for in the past (or do currently). For example, last night as I was drifting off, I curled onto my side and imagined I was cuddling up to T on the other side of my bed.

In the middle of the night I dreamt that I had just finished a seminar or meeting (sorority-related, probably) and on my way to bed ended up climbing the stairs in T's house and joining him in bed in his guest room. (Some of you know why I would picture him sleeping in his guest room.) He was already asleep and I went to curl up against his right side. It was so weird--he was kind of curled up and I had to keep nudging him to get him to uncurl so I could nestle in next to him. I'm sure that has some meaning in dream analysis--or we could go with the obvious reason--he doesn't really want me curling up in bed with him. After that the dream got really weird and it becomes pretty fuzzy in my head.

I would really just like some quiet restful sleep this week. There is too much going on in my waking hours for me to have eventful nights too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.