Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My position statement

I will be voting for Kerry today. I am voting for Kerry because, as a woman, I honesty fear what rights I will lose if Bush has 4 more years. I believe in reproductive freedom and the dissemination of accurate information surrounding contraception and sexually-transmitted diseases. That will not happen under Bush's conservative agenda.

I also believe that my homosexual friends should have the right to marry their significant others, just as I do. While I realize that Bush's proposed constitutional amendment would likely never pass, I want a president in office who will support same-sex couples.

I hope you go out and exercise your voice in our democratic process today--if you haven't already!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.