Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A picture of me in the yearbook

When I was a senior in high school, a yearbook staff member asked me if she could take a picture of me pretending to be stressed out to put in a yearbook layout. When the picture was published, it looked like I was taking a nap--my head resting on my hand, staring (what I thought was) intently at a computer screen. I now finally understand why you couldn't capture my stress on film--my stress is all manifested internally.

Right now I'm freaking out about this work deadline--my skin is twitchy but my muscles are tense and my movement is restricted; my voice is a little louder and more shrill and I have absolutely no patience for anything. I am still presenting a positive front to the world around me, although my ever-present smile is forced or missing entirely and my inner voice is seized by every negative thought that comes along. All I want is a deep breath and a nap... but I'd also take a more flattering picture of me in that yearbook.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Deep breaths, a good night's sleep, and lots of water. I know the feeling. Hope your deadline comes and goes. Soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.