Tuesday, August 23, 2005

5 things I had forgotten about St. Louis

1. The heat and humidity. Specifically:

  • It feels like a blast furnace when you leave the comfort of the airport (or any air-conditioned building)
  • But sometimes the humidity feels good for a moment after you emerge from that air-conditioned building
  • How unhappy my skin gets every time I make that dry/humid climate transition
  • Sometimes you might as well have martinis outside because you can't get any hotter

2. That the university, city and my friends continue to change while I'm not there.

3. Wow--the Arch is tall!!

4. That I can't help my attraction to T. But also that I know it will never work between us, Kathy or no-Kathy.

5. The best memories aren't from planned moments--they just happen.

6 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger scott said...

I know nothing about St. Louis. I just noticed that you crept by and left a comment on an old post at my site. Thanks very much.

(In case you're wondering who the hell I am, This is my blog.

Hello.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I've never seen the arch in person. I've always wanted to, but never got around to it.

Really St. Louis is just an airport city for me still.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Even after 4 years of living there, I'd never been up in the Arch until this visit.

And that reminds me of item #6 I always forget about St. Louis:
How ugly the airport is.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. I lived there 5 years and its still an airport city to me, too. It really is a sad excuse for an urban outpost.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger ColeTrain said...

Anon sounds like MS... ass.

The arch is a great experience, there is just A LOT of demand to get up inside it. It took me six tries.


The sad thing about the airport is that it is small and won't get much bigger. First TWA collapsed, and now American... it sucks.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Southwest has contributed a new terminal which looks nice from the outside. Now if they would only fly to Colorado, I could visit so much more cheaply!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.