Monday, October 24, 2005

Power nap

Over the holiday season while I worked at the movie theater, we hired a college student to supplement our staff. One slow afternoon he asked me to wake him at the end of his half-hour break because he was going to take a power nap. A little over 30 minutes later, I sent one of our floor staff in to wake him. She came out of the break room and reported that he wasn’t in there. I thought maybe I’d misunderstood him and sent her to check the back rows of the movie theaters. No luck so the only place left to check was the projection booth. When she reported that he wasn’t up there either, I felt guilty and a little panicked. I walked into the break room to begin retracing our steps and noticed a pair of shoes sticking out from under the table, like the wicked witch’s shoes from under Dorothy’s house. I felt immediate relief and leaned under the table to wake him up. Apparently his power nap included the power to be a little invisible.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.