Friday, April 28, 2006

Snipped

When I was a senior in college, my roommates and I had this big party. In order to distinguish ourselves as hostesses we all wore candy necklaces. Before the party we made a pact that we were each going to have at least one guy snack on our edible jewelry that night. At the end of the night I was the only one who had lived up to our bargain and it was only T's goatee that had tickled my neck that night.

When T came to visit me during our last failed relationship attempt, he brought me more than 10 small gifts--including gifts that represented moments we'd spent together. One of the gifts he produced out of his suitcase was a candy necklace. Little did he know that I had two candy necklaces in my pantry waiting for his visit. For that one moment we were on the same page, but my inability to share my emotions left the pantry door closed and he never knew.

I opened the pantry door last night looking for sprinkles and instead came out with two old candy necklaces. I snipped the strings and used the candy to decorate today's cupcakes.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Hmmm... Relationships are incredibly difficult things. But candy necklaces on cupcakes sound nothing short of heavenly!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

you have disappeared. Where are you my Colorado engineering friend?

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

I liked your story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.