Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Turning the tables

Tonight I led an advisory board meeting for the sorority chapter that I advise. Normally I have an elaborate agenda planned out and spend the last few minutes before the chapter meeting starts at 7 trying to frantically finish up the last items before I rush to join the chapter in their meeting. Tonight, instead, our meeting was quite relaxed. I was almost embarrassed when I had nothing of substance to share nearly 30 minutes before we would normally finish, but this opened the floor for casual conversation and laughter.

At 7, there was a knock on the door. When I opened it, one of the seniors in the chapter asked us to be quieter so they could start their meeting in the next room. We did quiet down but fifteen minutes later there was another knock. When I reopened the door, the chapter was quiet, engaged in yoga they were learning for stress relief, while their advisers were practicing stress relief of our own in friendship and laughter.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

If laughter is a stress source for them, I suspect that yoga's not going to work too well either. They might want to go directly to heavy drinking.

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Angie said...

They are college students--they go there directly up to 4 times a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.