Friday, March 28, 2008

Wrong side

When I was in middle school, I used to daydream that the school should provide us with little cars to drive around the building. While that would be fun, the major impetus in my mind was that then we would all have to follow the traffic laws--waiting at stoplights at the intersections between hallways, staying on the appropriate side of the hallway, and signalling to cross the hallway to access your locker. I could've used that structure yesterday.

I was turning the corner as I returned to my office yesterday afternoon. I was thinking about my weekend plans, completely lost in thought, and didn't notice my coworker walking towards me until he said my name mere inches from me. I shrieked in surprise, stopping just short of running into him. I giggled nervously and apologized. My coworker laughed and we carefully passed each other on our way to our separate destinations.

Another coworker approached me a little later when I was up getting water. "So who'd you almost run into in the hallway?" When I told him, he smiled. "Was he on his side of the road?"

"No, he wasn't."

"Well, he is from Canada--maybe he isn't used to our driving laws yet."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.