Friday, January 21, 2005

Discovery

This morning I had this eyelash that kept irritating my eye. I would rub my eye, or close it for a moment, hoping to rub/flush the darn thing out, but no luck. So I decided to go to the bathroom where I could see it in the mirror and solve the problem. After all, it is much easier to work with both eyes open.

As I'm turning to get up from my chair, I decide to resettle the headband in my hair. I start to pull it out and it snaps in two pieces. Uh oh.

"Ok," I think, trying to find a solution. "I must have a rubber band for my hair in my purse." So I set my purse in my lap and begin going through it pocket by pocket. What do I find? Girl Scout pins--what are those doing in there? More pens than I know what to do with. Nothing unexpected in the main pocket. I remember that I'm low on business cards and refill my card holder. Then I open the front outside pocket, and see something familiar looking. I pull on the red tab and realize--I am now staring at a set of keys I thought I lost in November. They've been in my purse the entire time. Over two months.

Oh, and I did find the rubber band, smooth my hair into a ponytail, and remove the offending eye lash. But now I'm still shaking my ponytail at my sudden discovery.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man Bad Girl, I think some things really are genetic.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw someone stole one of UNC's harddrives which had all employee's personal information going back to 1997. (Which of course means mine and Ryan's) I didn't think that Bridget had ever worked for the University but I thought you might want to let her know just in case. (to watch for fun identity theft)
Kim

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

Sounds like an interesting string of events. I fully expected your chair to collapse, or a heel to snap.

btw, trying cincinati chili today. wish us luck.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh, thank goodness it didn't. The embarassment of finding my keys almost killed me--I didn't need to add physical danger to the equation!

Good luck with the chili--I hope you like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.