Monday, August 30, 2004

Top ten highlights from my Estes Park weekend

1. Coconut shrimp at Timberline

2. Watching The Wedding Planner and Return to Me

3. Ignoring my cell phone

4. Trying Southern Twist, the new liqueur from the makers of Southern Comfort

5. Playing with my new toy

6. Driving down the road and seeing elk laying in someone's front yard.


Elk as lawn ornaments--they posed nicely for my pictures. :) Posted by Hello

7. Buying presents and getting presents (new earrings, yeah!)

8. Champagne brunch at the Other Side with a table by the lake

9. Seeing snow that fell on the mountains at the end of August


The view of Longs Peak from my grandmother's great room. Note the snow that fell on Friday night. Posted by Hello

10. Staying up way too late talking with Mia

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I bet you were one of those women that was upset when "The Wedding Planner" wasn't nominated for an Oscar....:)
Speaking of that movie, this is another great example of cinematic evidence that women are utterly crackers. The plot was painful... Hey, look everyone, it's another deceitful, desperate woman in her thirties who's pulling out all the stops in their last ditch to land a husband!

Matt

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I wouldn't push for an Oscar but it is nice to see a movie where no one jumps into bed with each other on the first date! :)

And I have to question if you saw the same movie I did... I don't think Mary was deceitful or desperate. She reconsidered her views and desires for love, initially choosing to turn her back on the pop culture love phenomenon you've been complaining about, but had to consider whether she was doing it for the right reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.