Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Asking for it?

DB, the GS training supervisor, just called me to check in on how my training last week. After clarifying a few comments I put on the evaluation sheet, she asked what I wore when trained. (Trainers in this council are required to train in uniform and I don't have one, as I've previously discussed).

"I wore my pins. I don't have a uniform." I said defiantly.

"What can I do to help you get one?" she asked again.

"To be honest, it isn't a priority for me. I don't feel a need to rush out and buy something I will only wear six evenings a year."

"It is an expectation our Executive Director has. And I would like it if you would..." she started.

"I understand that. And I understand why," I said, naming some of her reasons. "But I am a volunteer and I don't believe I should be required to buy something so I can share my knowledge and time with the Council."

"But it isn't a financial issue? Because there might be some assistance I could look into."

"No, it isn't a financial issue."

"Okay, well, I'll have to get back to you about this, because this is an expectation the executive director has."

"Thanks, DB."

So, conceivably, I might be FIRED from my VOLUNTEER position because I refuse to BUY a uniform to wear. Oh well, more free evenings for me.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

No UNIFORM? Next thing, you won't want to go on the field maneuvers, or the physical training wind sprints, or any of that? And what about the small arms training? And the parades? (g)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Shhh... nobody tell her that I'll probably buy my GS cookies from that other Council because they taste better! I'd be drummed out for sure then!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I won!!!

At the last trainers' update, one of the announcements on our agenda said that trainers are no longer required, but are still encouraged, to train in uniform.

I won!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.