Monday, January 24, 2005

Everything isn't on Ebay

My bridesmaid dress for July's wedding is being delivered this week. Seeing the UPS notice on my door reminded me that I also need to order my shoes and decide if I want any accessories to accompany my outfit. I had a sudden brainstorm--while I might be able to wear the separate dress pieces again, the likelihood of wearing the shoes or accessories again is slim at best. Why not buy someone else's? There are hundreds of bridesmaids all over the country who are wearing sea mist this year--surely one is reselling her shoes, accessories, etc. Nope, not a single sea mist bridal item on Ebay. And I thought you could find anything on Ebay.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Suzy said...

Well...you might be able to wear the shoes if you wear the top or skirt again.

I know that eBay has a feature where it will keep an eye out if there's something very specific you are looking for. Maybe you could try that?

(hint...don't worry about jewelry...and I don't care if your purse matches!)

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Angie said...

The dress arrived today. Showing it to the receptionist and my teammate, I've received compliments on the style of the dress. They particularly liked the embroidery and beading on the top. It is nice to have something that isn't an 80s-style dress with poofy sleeves like everyone expects bridesmaids to wear. :)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

Being a guy, I'm not as sensitive to the nuances of shoes as I might otherwise be -- but, may I suggest: consignment shops?

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen sea-mist green since I was a bridesmaid in the seventies. Never wore that dress again, and the shoes are long since gone or you could borrow them. Is that color back? Are all the other bridesmaids wearing shoes dyed to match? If so, you might as well bite the bullet. If not, try those transparent shoes that can be worn more than once and walk in grass to stain feet green. Kit

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Laura said...

My shoes are dyed to match. I went ahead and ordered them with the dress. If I remember right, they weren't too expensive and I really like the style. I'm thinking about redying them post-wedding to go with more commonly worn colors.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

What? You mean you don't wear sea mist green on a regular basis?? ;-) Redying is a really good idea. I should try that with my old bridesmaid shoes. I think everyone else is getting theirs too...I am so excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.