Thursday, March 24, 2005

Borrowing trouble

PJ and I broke up around Labor Day and I suffered through our failed reconciliation about a month later. One night in November I was in my dorm suite by myself. I heard my roommates' phone ring and then stop--and then mine rang. Of course I answered it. It was PJ on the other end.

"One of your roommates said I could borrow her wine goblets tonight for the dinner I'm making. Could you find them for me so I could come up and get them?"

"Oh, okay," I replied.

A few minutes later he appeared at my door and I handed over the glasses while we made awkward small talk. I think we were both glad when he left to go downstairs to finish his dinner preparations.

My roommates came home a little while later and I told them about PJ's call and visit. My roommates exchanged a look and one of them broke the news to me that he had been preparing dinner for a girl, Lara, he'd met earlier that week.

Classy--borrowing glasses from the ex-girlfriend to impress the new prospect.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm pumped to know that I quite possibly wasn't your worst boyfriend.....

M

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Of course you weren't my worst boyfriend. We went on a couple of charming dates and then couldn't ever find time to see each other--how could that make you a bad boyfriend? Well, knowing now that my sorority sister was hitting on you does change it a bit, but still doesn't make you a bad guy or bf. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.