Saturday, January 14, 2006

Sharing secrets

First, a confession: tonight is the first night in my life that I've come home tasting of beer. I've had sips of beer before, but I never really enjoyed it. But sitting at a bar table, sipping a glass from the pitcher, I realized that I was finally experiencing something that most people first had years ago.

Tonight I was out with one of my sorority sisters and her husband. Like one of Suzanne's recent posts, now I hope that I'll get an invitation from them to spend another evening like the one we had tonight. Her husband looks young but he is smart and sweet--the kind I'm looking to find--and she and I got a chance to learn more about each other and share secrets. Telling stories from college and our lives today, I know that she, her husband and their friends are people that I hope get a chance to know better.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Cerulean Bill said...

Sounds like a pretty good bunch -- though I'm not too sure about the 'it' in 'it is smart and sweet'. Did you mean 'he'? Or did I miss that entirely? (Yes, its been known to happen.)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Bill-
Good catch. I always was a better copy editor on paper than on a computer screen. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.