Friday, September 10, 2004

Table for one

My brother is currently acting in his first professional role. He is a gangster in Guys and Dolls at the Union Colony Dinner Theater. I'm going to see his show on Saturday night. I just called to make the reservation--for one.

One is the loneliest number...

Update: My brother is the best. Today he emailed me and offered to skip serving on Saturday night so I wouldn't have to sit by myself. He also inquired about other people who might be able to come with me. I told him that I would be okay by myself if he wants to serve--he gets paid more if he serves than if he just acts, plus he gets tips. And he's definitely a poor college student. So we'll see--I might have company before the show and during intermission.

5 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger TurtleHerder said...

Wish I could go with you. Sounds like fun! Tell Ryan to break a leg!

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be hatin' on Three Dog Night...Angie, why don't you just move to Chicago so we can get married already? :)

Matt

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Ryan in his "gangsta" role makes like Jimmy Cagney...or Will McDonough, (CBS football analyst who would have fit perfectly into the 40's gangster archetype...)

Matt

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I saw his show on Saturday night. My sister ended up coming with me which was nice. The food was better than Country Dinner Playhouse. :) My brother was great and so was the lead playing Nathan Detroit. Unfortunately the actor playing Skye Masterson must've been cast because he was the musical director's boyfriend and not for his acting talent. Too bad because I love Skye Masterson. I see myself a lot like "Sister Sarah Brown" so I'm always touched by their story. Difficult when Skye seems more annoyed by Sarah than attracted. Overall the show was good and I'll enjoy going to see Mousetrap there next month. Anyone want to come with?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Due to the visitors who end up here after searching for the dinner theater, I thought I would post the contact info.

Union Colony Dinner Theater
802 9th Ave., Greeley, CO
970-352-2900

Oh, and my brother has a small role in Camelot--their first show of 2005. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.