Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Calendar crunch

Here's how to play our game:
1. Open your calendar. C'mon, I know your daytimer or Outlook icon is right there. Ready? Ok.
2. Count how many days are free of commitments outside of work between now and the end of the month.
3. Compare scores with your friends.

My score: 2. Feel free to post your score in my comments.

Think my calendar is a little full? It is a little bit too full for my taste this month. But here's the follow-up question--what do other people do with their time? Everyone at work marvels at my "extra-curricular" schedule. But I don't have a husband, dog or yard, so if I go home, I will watch TV, play on the internet and talk on the phone. I don't want that to be my life every night, so I volunteer with organizations I believe in and schedule my evenings accordingly. Is that unusual?

SWF seeks reassurance that her overscheduled life is normal, even positive, and potential boyfriends who are willing to see her when her schedule permits.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

My score: 15. That of course is subject to change, and probably will. On the other hand, my work doesn't give me a whole lot of free time...and Derek gets a large chunk of that. :-)

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. But you knew that. People to blame: My job, the Chicago Bears, the Catholic Church, my tennis schedule, sleepy eyed bozos who aren't even making sense...yet I am obliged to have drinks with them because they are allegedly my friends, conferences that take me to horrific places like Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and just for the record, the Cubs, who are absolutely KILLING me right now. Also, like you, not a girlfriend to be found,...not a one.

-Matty

PS It's 12:30 am and I'm watching the 1980 Olympic "Miracle on Ice" retrospective on ESPN. It's okay for men to cry, right? Let's just say it's getting a little dusty in here...

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing, is there a more annoying commercial on television than the damn McDonalds commercials with the annoying guys allegedly protecting their "Chicken Selects"? Do you ever notice that no one in the room is actually trying to take them...? Isn't this because nobody would want them? Or is it that this chicken is made exclusively for paranoid, selfish people? And is this better or worse than the Trix rabbit, who actually had kids denying him his high fructose cereal? Personally, I'm perplexed...

-Matt

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I totally agree with you on those McDonald's commercials. I think you're right that obviously the Chx Select things are for paranoid men. Luckily, that isn't me. :)

P.S. If you had a girl over and you were crying over hockey, I'd be a little concerned, but a few tears over a sporting event while you're by yourself seem fine to me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.